The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
ranger374

Talking My 62 C10

Hi guys. Found this forum a couple of weeks ago, and finally decided to join. It looks like a great site with a ton of knowlegable folks and info here.

I have what started out as a 62 long bed. To make a long story short, after trying to use the 62 frame and a late model 88-98 stepside bed (which i didn't really like with the 60-66 body style cab). I have decided to go a different route.

I have came upon a 63 short stepside truck that is now in my possession also. So this is my plan--I am going to use the 63 frame and suspension, the 63 stepside bed, and the 62 cab and front end (hood, fenders, etc. that i already had stripped down and primed). My 62 cab was in far better shape than the 63. the front end sheetmetal of the 63 was also trashed as well as both doors, but the bed is in pretty good shape.

I have found that pics along with the build process was and is very helpful to me, so i will put as many pics on here as i can reasonably do. I will add some tomorrow when i get home.
ranger374 is offline   Reply With Quote