The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #26
BlazinC5

Re: Never top off with gas?

Hate to tell ya squirrel, But it seems to me that your not going to find the prob till you take it apart again.. One of 3 things come to mind rite now. The float, the gauge, or the wiring. and because the gauge reads half or more all the time I dout its the wiring. The float may have a sticky spot, but that wouldn't explain the gauge going clear past full. As so I would lean towards the gauge beeing your problem. But I wouldn't rule out the float assy. If I remeber you also have an aftermarket gauge setup. so I don't know if it operates off the same paramiters as the stock setup. Assuming it does, talk to some of the locals and locate a gauge to see if it funtions properly. If it funtions in the same manner as yours, the float assy must be the prob. If your goint ot pull the float out. I think it may be easiest to just pull the box off with how that tiny lil tank of yours is put in. It may seem like more work to pull the box, but in reallity it isn't. its better than wrestling a fuel tank from under your truck that you have no idea how much gas is in it. perfect exuse for having some buddies over to talk trucks. Later bubby
BlazinC5 is offline   Reply With Quote