The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
71GMCinTN

tried to sell it 3 times for 400.00...

Tried to sell this truck 3 diff. times for a good friend. The last time (2 weeks ago) after the man didn't come buy it, I decided the running Goodwrench crate 350 alone was worth the price my friend was asking (or the bed, or cab with clear title, etc.)
Just put in another 350 turbo, and changed the cracked starter head (were not starter bolts someone put in).
Regardless, in the last 2 weeks I have fallen in LOVE with this truck!
Have alot to do to it, but the girlfriend is super cool, and actually she will be repainting the needles in the cluster today. (will use that until I find an instrument panel I like, we already picked out the color for the truck (electric blue, or midnight blue.... the future gauges, etc) Was cute yesterday when it dawned on her, and she said, "hey, it's an automatic" (other truck is a 5 speed she doesn't like to drive)
Anyway, to top it off, I didn't have to buy it from my good friend (we'll work it out some way down the road) since he was going to junk it anyway.
Got laid off 2 yrs ago, and super broke, but friends are hooking me up here and there, so it's all good!
Have to run to find starter bolts, and a trans. filter then I'll resize some pics, and put on here. Happy 4th of July everybody!

Last edited by 71GMCinTN; 07-04-2010 at 09:30 AM.
71GMCinTN is offline   Reply With Quote