The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
78BO

Got to go to the track this weekend mixed feelings

I went with a couple of buddies that I work with. Had a great time, but the track was REAL bad. It had rained on and off for a few days, 60% chance the day we went (Friday). The track was cold and slick, even after they dried up the water. I still couldn't get any traction. I know I would have problems, but not as much as I did. First run I launched at 2500 rpms and totally blew the tires off. Peddled it 3 times and still spun. Second went at 2k and still spun. Kept dropping the rpms until finally I just went off idle. Even at half throttle rolled to 20 and hit it, yep burned them good. So what did I learn?

Cold tracks SUCK!
Cold tracks single traction SUCKS even more!
Cold tracks single traction and street tires REALLY SUCK
and last but not least,
Cold tracks, single traction, street tires, and 308 gears will NOT let you get under a 15.09!

My only win cam from a full blown race car red lighting lol.

The only good things that came out of this trip is that I know the truck has some balls. It wants to go, but the rear end is holding it back. I also know that the only problem with the engine is a good dyno tune. And everyone at the track that I talked too thought it was a mean sounding truck. Made me feel good.

The only real bad thing was that my friend is a %$^^y. The guy in the ford has 410's and a locker. We both have strocker motors. I had to get off it 3 times to get moving. He won, but by the end of the track I had ALMOST caught him. He knew I would beat him if I could get going. and each time I ran it got a little quicker. He trapped a 90 mph run and I hit a 93 mph. I asked for a rematch and he said he had to load it on the trailer. That's right. He towed it. I was the only one be sides the 2010 Dodge that drove. And I had to jump start the old Dodge. HEHE, chevys rule, even when they lose.

Any ways, my son took pics of us at the start line.
Attached Images