The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
los7883

Need advice on truck...

I'm new to the forum and have been reading as much as i can for the past week and have really learned a lot by reading the projects most of you have going on. I've always wanted a 1947-1954 truck and it looks like its finally gonna happen. I at first assumed I'd be getting a stock truck and cleaning it up, repairing any rust/dents in it and be done but with all the mods I see everyone making shoot that makes me wanna do some stuff too. So my question is this, which mods to you guys thing would better suit what I will be doing with my truck. This isnt going to be a show truck, it'll be my daily driver, the bed will be used but not a daily thing, i'd like to be able to tow a boat (20'er) behind it. So what I've read on here I'm thinking that an S-10 frame would be stronger than the stock one, plus would have more options suspension wise since I may end up bagging it. Also would like to put an LS1 in there for the towing power and driveabililty. Is there anything yall would change about that setup or add on top of that? Im not sure if I'd go with an LS1 out of a Vette/Camaro or a Truck, I'd assume the truck since it'd be more set up for towing. I owned a C5 before so I have messed with the LS1 a bit so hopefully that will make it easier...sorry for all the questions but I wanna make sure I do this right and research as much as i can before i jump into this build. Thanks!
los7883 is offline   Reply With Quote