The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Alvin
Never Done?

Confused about installing prop valve

So I'm planning on getting the brakes all hooked up on Ethel tomorrow, however looking at the parts I'm dealing with I've hit a bit of a snag.

I have all new stainless lines from inline tube, a rebuilt master cyl with booster, and a new prop valve. The lines supplied in the kit from inline tube that run from the master cyl to the prop valve are "C" shaped. The problem is the inputs on the prop valve are on the top.. or what I think is the top. In order to hook it up with the lines as they are, it will essentially be sideways (with the brake warning light switch pointing to the drivers fender). Looking at other installs on the board that's not the usual way to do it.

Is there any harm in running it sideways? If so, I'll have an interesting time trying to bend up some new lines.. I'm not very skilled at it.

I'll try to get pics of what I'm talking about in the morning. Thanks!

This is the prop valve I have (as far as I can tell), but my lines are C or U shaped, not just right angles like these, so the prop valve would be rotated 90 degrees right in order to use my lines as they are:

Ethel has been sold.

Last edited by Alvin; 07-16-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote