The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
dman1982

84 k10 long tube headers

im deployed and have been buying goodies for my truck, i bought some long tube header for it and am looking at getting some mufflers, but i dont know if i need to get center inlet/center outlet or side inlet/center outlet ect....i cant get my ol lady to jump under my truck and take a picture for me so i have some idea of what to order. ive got a 350 and im going to be running three inch all the way back, just want to make sure i get the right mufflers before i get home. any idea?

also im going to be replacing the 350 thats in it now for a crate or rebuilt 350, does anyone know about the 290 horse gm crate engines on summit/jegs? they only run about 2100....ive seen engines on ebay before i left for deployment for about 2500 or so give or take a couple hundred that claim to get alot more hp and torque. just lookin for opionion...it is my daily drive so want it to be somewhat decent on power and effectiant, some people say to go with a 5.3 or 6.0 but im in the militarty and dont have alot of money to play with and dont feel like dealing with computers.
dman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote