The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
gopokes

Getting my new engine, now what else?

I am pumped about this new area! I have been reading till I'm almost dizzy. So I have been helping my brother do a bunch of stuff lately and he decided to pay me back with a HUGE suprise. He bought me an engine! It is a 5.3 from an 03 L59 with a 4L60E transmission out of a Tahoe. Here is the description.

THIS IS A COMPLETE LIFT OUT ASSEMBLY COMES WITH ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER, WIRING HARNESS, { WIRING HARNESS NOT GUARENTEED TO FIT YOUR APPLICATION} , STARTER,ALTERNATOR, POWER STEERING PUMP, A.C COMPRESSOR, ALL BRACKETS AND PULLEYS. THIS IS A DRIVE BY WIRE ENGINE. THE ELECTRIC GAS PEDAL AND DRIVE BY WIRE MODEL IS INCLUDED, AS WELL AS, MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR.

So now that I have the engine on it's way I need to make sure I have the rest of the stuff I need. Right now my truck has a 307 with a three on the tree. Not sure what the rear end is. I will list out the things I "think" I need, if you guys can give me any more direction that would be awesome. I know we all love pics so I will add some of those to.

Radiator and fan
Gas tank and fuel pump
Drive shaft
Steering column ?
Mounting adapter plates
Transmission crossmember?
Probably a ton of other things...