The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Closing in on completion

WOW this 'lil transformation' to electronics has taken WAY more that I ever EVER imagined. Work got busy (a very welcomed change) and my wife had some health issues,, summer 115° temps, just everything seemed to work against me. Well it's NOT going to win. Closing in on buttoning this pig up and going to the track. Hopefully sometime over the next 60 days!

Exhaust is finished through to the mufflers and turndowns (picts to come but that worked out better than I hoped)

Engine is all buttoned up, in place... Linkager typr throttle stop and controllers makes the drivers side a rather busy place!!!

Most recent setback was pulling the trans back out and fitting a mid plate in the chassis to clear all the headers and crap in the way. Had an expired CSR carbon fiber flexplate shield and trans shield I was trying to use as a added safety measure. Then I remembered ... At Firebird if you have an item on the car, it has to be current or they will fail tech. Don't matter if you need it or not, if it's expired, remove it, or fail!!! So it all came off. Drivetrain is all back in, complete with a new Strange driveshaft, yokes, gear ratio change, etc. etc. ready to roll there. FINALLY!

FINALLY have all the electronics, air bottle, shifter, everything is on a 'tree' and solidly mounted. Still have a bunch of wireing to do!!!)

Only thing in the stock instrument cluster that worked was turn signal indicators and bright light indicator. So used a few LED's from radio shack to keep those functional and put all the normal gauges in the dash.

Probably the coolest thing I found was a Slummit house brand low mount alternator mount for short waterpump will let the alternator wiggle in in front of a motor plate, and inside the 66 frame. With elect water pump and motor plate alternator placement is always a MAJOR PITA! This works out pretty good.

off to the shop to string wires...

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote