The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
kopfjaegger

Fixing up my 69 K20

So I have another build thread elsewhere in this forum. I had to stop my build on my '70 since my father took a fall and I'm his only care provider. He's been in recovery since and now in a retirement home. Since then I decided that I didn't have time to build very fast so I'm shifting gears on it. However, since I do need a truck, I recently acquired a '69 K20 and decided to work on it since I can leave it running while I work. I will still work on my 70, but I'm going to keep this one going as well.

So, what we have here for 1500 bucks is a running 1969 K20. Everything works and she runs really well. A PO already did the change to front disc brakes and the interior has a Ford seat with the center console. The bed is wood but it was definitely terribly put together and was allowed to rot. The wiring is less than perfect, but I'm taking care of it. She has an as yet unidentified Edelbrock carb with matching air cleaner. So far I've had to replace the battery and the alternator. The alternator went bad and I took the opportunity to swap it out for a 95 amp one with the internal regulator. The swap turned out awesome!

I hope the pics upload well, if not I'll probable have to get a photobucket or something.

Hope you guys enjoy and I'll try to keep up with updates. Of course, any ideas and tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking...

Jorge
kopfjaegger is offline   Reply With Quote