The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
Houston54

Task Force Rear Panel Transplant

Has anyone removed the entire rear panel from a task force cab by drilling the spot welds?

I am at the point on my current project where I can either take the rear panel off a big window cab and transplant it into a more solid cab or repair the big window cab with patch panels.

The BW cab requires repair above the windshield, the roof skin along the drip rail, insider header panel above windshield, top of door jambs on both sides, A pillars and all the other normal areas such as toe board, hinge pockets and cab corners. All these repairs are within my capabilities but they will take time and patience. I am leaning towards transplanting the rear panel to another small window cab I have that is without all the cancer.

The spot welds along the B pillars and cab floor are obvious and not the issue. The concern is the top seam. It appears the roof skin needs to be removed to access the spot welds at the top of the panel. I have a factory assembly manual showing the general spot weld locations so that much I do know.

If anyone has performed this surgery on a task force cab I would appreciate learning what you learned during this process.
Houston54 is offline   Reply With Quote