The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
GMCjunkie
Dude...I'm a CHICK

I have a few questions about my truck..

As some of you know, my Burb had been sitting for almost 3 years in the body shop, it was started semi often and ran, but not driven. That being said, I havent really "worked" on my truck in that 3 years. ~first Q.~ Can the seals rot or dry from just sitting? Ive got leaks that werent leaking before.

I know this was an issue before too, ~second Q~ Why does my truck over heat so easily? I have the big beefy radiator, and 2 electric fans, also, I suppose I should change out the thermostat, "just because"? Im afraid to take it anywhere for getting stuck in traffic for even 5 minits, it get so hot so fast.

~Third Q.~ My windshield wipers, they move SO SOOOO slow, theres no way they would be useful even in light rain, I know they were never like a highspeed new truck, but sheesh... What can I do?

~4th Q.~ How the heck do I make my windows leak proof? If it rains, water gets inside, I find it on the inside of my doors. What can I do?

Also, what other tips can yall give me to change, do , fix , replace etc... just BECAUSE my truck has been sitting so long?

Sorry for the long winded post, thanks for your time!!

junk

'71 GMC Suburban 4x4
GMCjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote