The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
trz1000

transaction ethics question.....

Back in March I sold a set of seats from my Jimmy to a member who lives out of state. I was paid in full in April at which time he said that he'd be my way at the end of June.

When I sold the seats I told him that I don't have a problem sitting on them for a while, heck I'd wait a year as they're not eating any grass but here's the issue. Mid June we chatted a bit and he said it would be second week in July. Cool no problem. July comes and goes with no further contact. I finally sent a message on 8-11 asking when he thought he'd be this way. Still no response. Last note I got from him was on 6-24.

I'm pretty easy to work with, when told him that I don't have an issue holding on to them for a while as it's a pretty good drive to come get them, I absolutely meant it. So it's not about the time I just don't like no communication. I have no idea if he's no longer interested, had to run to Mexico, became a monk, or ??.

Seems like a real cool guy. Unfortunately I don't have an address, phone number, or even an email address. All communications have been via PM, except of course for payment. I wasn't fore-thinking enough to save the envelope for a return address.

If he sent me a note tomorrow and said he couldn't pick them up until March I wouldn't have a problem sitting on them until that time. But how long should I have to wait with no communication? I guess that's the million dollar question.

So it's summer and people are on vacation and such so I figure I give it another week, send another message, wait till the end of September and if I still haven't heard anything, re-list the seats. What do you guys think, cool, uncool? Suggestions?
trz1000 is offline   Reply With Quote