The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
Boox

Newbe, I can't take it anymore

Alright I have been creeping on this site for a couple of months and finally I couldn't take it anymore. I have to show you guys what I bought and I'm pumped about this. I have no clue what to do. I cant sand, weld or paint but who cares I might still give it a try, I'm in no rush to fix this baby. I rather take my time getting it right than do it half way and screw myself later on.

I found this in the Bay Area a 1960 chevy stepside. I know it has the GMC headlights but I kind of like it, maybe I'll get rid of the GMC logo and leave the open mouth look with the two eyes on the hood. The truck looks like a dump but runs like a baby. I have no clue on anything about this truck except it has a 350 that was just put in and it's the one truck I have always wanted.

The doors are in bad shape and the floors worse, luckily for me the following week I found this rust free cab near my home for $300. The cab is straight and very clean but the problem is I have no clue were to begin. The best advise I got from this site is to work on the truck and drive it, I believe this will not make me go crazy and disullusioned. The bed is also in bad shape but will replace that with a new bed eventually. I couldn't take it anymore guys so here it is.

The question I have involves the cab and stripping the paint and surface rust. I am debating whether I should use aircraft stripper and do it myself or hire someone to either sand it down or soda blast it. I will have someone epoxy it and then it will be stored until I can do something with it. I would appreciate any input.
Attached Images

Boox is offline   Reply With Quote