The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2003, 04:03 AM   #1
ddsmith
Glowing since 1978

What am I missing?

I just bought this truck and have a problem with the A/C ventilation control panel. I guess thats what you call it. You know the thing with the slide stuff for controlling temp, heater and defroster, and etc. Anyway the levers were binding up and acting very weird. I just removed it from the truck and inspected to figure out what was wrong. The back pivot point for the three lever was coming out of the bottom hole and messing up all the function. My question is the top of the pivot point looks like there should be a plate attached to two pins on either side and then over top of the pivot pin to prevent it from coming out of the bottom hole and maintaining it centered. I don't have a plate there but sure think there should be one. Does anyone have one of these handy that they can look at and let me know what is on top of the pivot pin?
ddsmith is offline   Reply With Quote