The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
CVA59

Mad beyond all comprehension

I swapped out my old 6 lug for a 86 5 lug rear end. Seems simple enough right? Not a chance! My dad and i both have been fighting this POS all day and still cannot get it lined back up. These sorry trailing arms are apparently all out of whack. I know when i took the original rear out the left popped/jumped (like it unsprung itself). I assume the original was bound up all these years. PROBLEM is now: When we get the rear centered side to side it is out of plum with the front end. When we get it plum with the front it is out on the side to side. This is all being done with the springs and everything still installed. All i did was remove the rear end, clean the saddles and re-install the 86 rear. Now, He and i both have been building cars, fabrication, modifying and retrofitting stuff like this our entire life. We have tried every thing possible and since there are no adjustments on this stock rear we are totally lost. I am mad beyond description right now and my patience is totally gone. Plus the fact that it is 5 million degrees outside doesn't help. So, how do i overcome the impossible here?????

www.23t.weebly.com

Last edited by CVA59; 08-28-2010 at 05:05 PM.
CVA59 is offline   Reply With Quote