The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
wyattglock

89 Crew Cab resurrection.....

I thought I would start a thread for the some of the stuff I am doing on my 1989 Chevy Crew Cab Dually. For starters, I got it in July 2010 with 129,000 miles and a lot of sitting behind it. After cleaning the mouse nest off the intake, that was so I could test drive it, the fun began. Fuel pump went out in Grand Rapids, MI, 5 hours north of my house. Had it towed to a friends shop where we replaced the fuel pump only to have the rear brake line blow out. So we made a tow bumper and flat towed it back to Lafayette, IN, wasn't to bad of a drive, it only took 6.5 hours! I'll post pics of the tow bumper later.
Since then I have rebuilt the rear hubs and drums. New plugs and wires, new fuel filter, some new relays and switches, new hydroboost and master cylinder, and new differential fluid. Current project is replacing the old passenger side gas tank. Looks like someone before me used it to pump diesel with an external pump. Didn't vent the tank correctly and as a result it imploded the tank. Trashed the sending unit and pump, so I reused my old sending unit and put in a new pump. Got a tank off a friend for $20, just have to finish cleaning it out and reinstall it in my truck.
Lots more to come, I'll keep posting stuff as I get into it.
Here are some pics of the tank that I dropped out of my truck today.
Attached Images

wyattglock is offline   Reply With Quote