The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
RCpullerdude

Suburban Build

Well, now that I'm starting to move a little bit on my Suburban build, I figured I'd start a build thread for it. It's an '87 V20 that I've named "The Big, Scary Burb" or "BSB." It's going to be a very slow build, since work is very slow right now, but it will get done eventually. Right now I've got the back end tore apart and I need to get some replacement panels before I can go any further. I'm hoping that work picks up enough in the next couple of weeks that I can get that done before the end of the month. Anyways, enough with the words, on to a couple of pics.

As you can see in the pics, it's a bit rough. It has a 6.2/THM400/NP208 with a toasted Gear Vendors OD. I have some pretty big plans for it. It's going to end up being my tow rig and semi-daily driver. For the driveline, I plan on going with a well built 6.2, an SM465 with a Ranger OD box, NP205, D60 front and D70HD rear. Body I'm going to leave pretty much as is, little things here and there like marker lights and mirrors. Looking to put 3/4 ton leaves in the rear with airbag helpers (has one ton leaves now). Plan for the interior is a big rig theme. Like I said, I have some big plans for it, and it's going to be painfully slow, but it should pay off in the end. Hopefully sometime this week I can get some new pics that show my current progess.

Last edited by RCpullerdude; 09-01-2010 at 06:25 PM.
RCpullerdude is offline   Reply With Quote