The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
llowlife

Aaarg!!! I bought a frankentruck /with pics

Well I have owned several of these fine body styles for a few decades now...except never a shortbox especially a stepside. I prefer a FS and now it may appear that I will eventually get my wish, not at the current time as the cash cow has died as I was coming to the end of my adventure of building this truck...

Anyway when I bought it, something didn't "feel right", well after removing the bed and looking at some pics it would appear that I was right. The truck is "fuller" than it should be as some PO added long box fenders to a shortie..... It was well done as I didn't notice and it fits very nicely so someone went to a lot of work to get everything right. But now I will look at it everytime I get in and wonder "who is looking at me" and I will never be able to show my head up with pride at a car show so I will have to slink away and park on the "fringes" with the "B" class cars and trucks...Oh the shame....

Anyway its going to go back as it was because as I mentioned earlier the cash tree is bare. I will however not spend any more money that necessary on the fenders or box. That means that the frenched lights will be cleaned up and reused and rust repaired with OMG....bondo.... And in the mean time I will start looking for a FS when the treee starts to grow again...ANyone want a shortbox with long fenders eventually? I will post pics when it is back on if anyone wants to see it....Thanks for letting me vent
Attached Images

llowlife is offline   Reply With Quote