The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
PRattenbury

Saw some bucket seats in a burb...

So I was snooping around in a boneyard out here in the country in Arkansas primarily because I had some scrap to dump off, and it happened they crushed cars there, too. Way out in the middle of nowhere. It surprised me how many cars there were getting crushed. Anyway I was on the scale on the way out, and I asked if they had any trucks like mine around, because I need a drivers door. The guy helpfully pointed out my need for a passenger fender too. They said they had a few like mine in a certain area of the yard, and I should take a look. I found a good door, and a good fender. The door was on a Suburban that had bucket seats. The had power tilt and so forth. The color seemed like it matched the interior well. So I was guessing they were stock seats. But the wird thing about them was the arm rests. They were mounted on the sides of the seat backs, but on the sides closest to the doors. They had clearly been patched on the 'inboard' sides of the seat backs like maybe they had armrests there, too, but they had been removed. Did they make Suburban seats like that? With flip-down armrests on both sides of the seats? My seat is a total wreck. I am wondering, if the seats are stock, should I buy them if the price is fair? Seems like it would have had a console between the seats, but I guess it was taken already.
PRattenbury is offline   Reply With Quote