The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
capev86

Wise man say....good deals come to he who waits

Well....you can guess from the photos what I picked up for the bargain price of $150 plus a 3 hour drive to Connecticut. Reportedly needs a first gear synchro and a few miscellaneous items (wiring harness, lock out cable, etc) but should work great with a minimum of fuss. I trans turns over fine and no sign of being seized up. The previous owner bought it awhile back with the intention of using the parts to turn a 4 speed saginaw into an overdrive unit but it sat in his garage for the last 7-8 years collecting dust and he went with a 5 speed. i have been on the lookout for one of these at a dirt cheap price to augment my 4.57 to 4.10 swap on my 72 burb c20 so that i can do long distance highway trips with ease and yet keep that stock 3 on the tree status and look. i was happy to pay what he was asking with that kind of sticker price!

side note: my little 8 by 8 shed is cramped and it was all i could do to clear enough space to fit my "new" trans in there. i literally climbed in and sat on my 72 cb350 to get the pictures.

Last edited by capev86; 09-22-2010 at 03:27 PM.
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote