The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
gregg72340

1985 c-10-Is this worth it?????

I dont have any pics of it but its a C-10 2wd Scottsdale. 305/TH350. The owner said it hasnt run in two years, but has a new trans about 6,000 miles before it died, cab corners are crappy but the rest of the body looks to be fairly solid. Its a 4 headlight truck with a grill thats in one piece, straight front bumper, bed is very clean and its complete and doors and fenders look good sans one dent in the Left fender. Owner doesnt know whats wrong with the motor other than it died so he parked it. I also have another 85 c-10 that has been sitting for the good part of ten years that is a Custom Deluxe truck that basically does not have a single option on it, bad trans but got the motor runnin last weekend and it seems to run really well. The new Truck would run about $400 and was initially interested in it only for the trans until I saw it, now I am thinking worst case scenario if the motor in the new truck is really crap then just swap motors. For $400 would you guys take a chance on this. The new truck has every single option I was looking to put on the old truck anyways, so Im thinking I may save a lot of work in the long run just need someone elses opinion.

Thanks in advance Gregg