The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2010, 01:49 AM   #1
Rede

Gen6 454 swap P/S hose??

I was getting all ready to finally drop the motor in my truck when a friend of a friend pointed out that I won't be able to re-use my original power steering hoses because new setup uses crimp on fittings.

If this is the case, is there a specific fitting or hose that I need to look for?

Or can I get away with cutting my hard lines as far back as possible, flair the ends and use a crimp on type of hose clamp for both pressure and return?

If someone knows the fitting size that threads into the steering box, maybe I can just remove my old lines and thread in a hydraulic hose and only have to crimp near the pump...?

There's a shop right across from work that I can stop in and get a custom line built, but I have no idea what the fitting size is and my lines seem to be seized into place as turning the fittings wants to twist the lines also and I don't want to bugger up anything if I'm not going about it the right way.
I'd also really like to avoid removing the steering box and power steering pump if possible....
Rede is offline   Reply With Quote