The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
colin_havens

Undecided...

So Im thinking my next big change will be to a set of billet wheels. Hopefully the wife will let me spend some of the tax return to replace the old shoes and go with some new ones. My problem is I can decide on just how big to run. I plan on narrowing my rear end, as well as I ran all of my 4 link inside my frame rails specifically so I could run some wide wheels. Now to my delimma... I want to run 20s up front.... do I run 22x12s in the rear with about a 7 inch lip, or do I run 20x15s with about an 11 inch lip in the rear?

I LOVE the look of a real nasty wide wheel in the back with a huge lip, but I dont know how silly it may look with only a mild built small block under the hood if I do run the 20x15s.

Oh, and this will be on a 67 that is already laying full frame, with the notch built to lay out on about a 30 inch diamater tire. Any opinions?
colin_havens is offline   Reply With Quote