The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
STANGGT46

I've Been Furiously Searching...

...and I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for. (maybe it doesn't exist) I figured that you guys would run across something that fits what i'm looking for, so if you do, I would really appreciate it if you would shoot me a pm or post it here.

My daughter is turning 16 in December, and I'm looking for a nice truck for her first vehicle. She seems to like the 67-72 trucks, so I'm looking for a nice 67-72 swb (stepside preferrably) with a newer EFI V8. I considered starting from scratch and putting one together myself, but I just don't have the time right now. I've run across a few with older setups (ie; TPI 80's Camaro engines), but I'm looking for something with a more recent EFI setup. I've considered going the carb route, but I want to make sure that it's extremely reliable. I'd rather not get a big block, though I came very close to bidding on a very nice truck with a 396... It has to have A/C and I would prefer if the paint is in good to great shape. Also, 4-wheel disc brakes and power steering...just a few things that I can think of off the top of my head.

Anyway, I figured that something like what I'm looking for would be out there, considering how popular these trucks are, but I haven't had much luck. I've tried Craigslist searches through "autotempest" and I've been searching ebay for a couple of months. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by STANGGT46; 09-29-2010 at 05:53 PM.
STANGGT46 is offline   Reply With Quote