The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #11
ls1nova71

Re: 5.3L DBW cruise hookup

My vague statment wasn't meant to be a "how to" article, I was just stating what I had done.

But anyway, which part did you break? The wires that you pulled off, were they from the original 3 wire switch? All you need is the lever (the stalk, the black plastic part the switch goes in), the cover with the on/off/resume printed on it, and the small black slider portion of the switch (the part you physically move to turn it on, it has the white line on it). The actual switch (it's about an inch long and about 1/4 by 1/4, and has the four wires soldered onto it) you don't take apart. This is what you need from the later turn signal lever. I'm not home or I would post pictures of everything.

As long as you didn't completely destroy your original lever and you have those three main pieces, it should be fixable. If you broke the actual four wire switch (the small part with the wires soldered to it), PM me your shipping address and I'll send you another one, as I have alot of them because I pulled several apart looking for one with the longest wires on it. However they are all the same, they all have about 4 or 5 inches of wire on them.
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote