The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
Firebirdjones

Trailriding today and found a surprise

We have a trail out of the back of the neighborhood about 10 miles long that connects to Perkinsville Road which runs from Jerome (behind the fire station) and through Perkinsville, and on to Chino Valley. It's the old train route Jerome used during it's mining heyday.

When we got to Perkinsville we were greeted with a road block. Turned out they were running an off road rally today from Chino to Jerome and using Perkinsville Rd. So we were given 2 choices, turn around and go back home the way we came or sit and watch. We chose the latter
Pretty wild, these guys were flying in everything from pickups to little awd foreign cars. You could stand right on the edge of the road if you dared. Might wind up on the 6 o'clock news though
Good thing we packed a lunch, but I was still bummed we didn't make our planned trip which was Perkinsville and then north all the way to Williams using dirt roads, and eat lunch at the lakes off of Dog Town.

Anyway, thought you all might enjoy some pics.

These guys were going by so fast, I had a hard time getting them into the frame before I could push the button.

After they raced from Chino to Jerome, they went back the other way. Here is a V8 truck that went by heading away from Jerome at about 100 mph,,,no kidding :shock: If this guy doesn't make the turn where I'm standing I'm fubar :shock:

Here are a couple of shots of us parked next to the road where we come into Perkinsville Rd. Decided to get comfy and sit a while

I decided to cross the road and hike up the mountain a bit on the other side for some shots. You can see the blazer backed in towards the main road with my wife and son sitting in the back, tailgating at it's finest :P We were pretty darn close to the action

We had enough dust in our face for one day so after the road was cleared we went to Jerome from there (about 6 more miles of dirt) and took 89A back home.
Spent 3 hours cleaning the darn thing back up :roll:

Didn't get to where we wanted, and felt like we spent all day not getting anywhere. Does that make sense But I found it interesting they run road rallys just behind my house. The spotters there told me they come from all over the country for this and they have been doing it for years, every year in October. They also told me it's an $800 entry fee :shock: I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote