The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Talking 1960 Cadillac, Series 62, 2 Door Hardtop

here's my dream car...... that I am fortunate enough now to own. a 1960 Cadillac, Series 62, 2 door hardtop. it hasn't seen the light of day since 1973 when the original owner passed away. it was pulled out of the garage last year and is the closest thing to a time capsule I have ever owned. the body is solid and as straight as a laser. the chrome and stainless trim is near mint. there are some pitting on the front bumper though. the paint is tired, but original. the AUTO seek and scan AM still works and the power antenna still functions. the glass is perfect and each power window functions flawlessly. even the power seat still works! I think the only thing that doesn't work is the wipers, but I think a new motor would fix that. the original U.S. Royal wide white spare tire still holds air and is brand new. the trunk liners are all there and near perfect. the radiator and the a few fan blades had a fight, so I am debating on whether to get this one recored or buying an aluminum 4 core. the rear main seal leaks, but I've never owned an old car that didn't....

needless to say, I am one happy person right now! a little Mexican blanket action on the seats and a 3" static drop on all 4 corners is what I have planned for it in the near future. a complete air ride system will be as funds allow.

I only have a couple good outside shots today. I'll post more detailed pics as I get them posted to photobucket...

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote