The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
Gawdly

My 1970 SWB BB 2WD - I have questions

I finally found what I was looking for... bought the truck a couple weeks ago.

This is my second 67-72. The first was a 72 SWB 4x4 that I owned for about 3 years. Nice truck, drove the hell out of it, but my heart was set on a 2wd so I sold it a few months back on ebay. You might have seen it listed on this site in the classified.

The new truck... well, to save time typing here's the SPID and a couple pictures.

The truck is in amazing shape. Engine is rebuilt, 700R4 Tranny that had issues when I bought it but is now working well. 12 bolt posi rear end, 5 lug and front disk conversion, lowered, etc. No rust anywhere and appears to still be in its original paint in a lot of places.

So here are my questions...
1. The truck appears to be lowered with just springs, no spindles. Can anyone tell how much it's been lowered? I'm trying to figure out where I'm at so I can decide if I want to change it. I like the look but am considering spindles to regain a little travel in the front.

2. In 1970, was there an RPO code that signified the large white side body stripe? Or was that stripe specific to a package... like only on CST trucks? Here's a pic of the stripe I'm talking about.

Hopefully the owner doesn't mind... I love that truck. Obviously my truck is going to need paint. The previous owner pulled the big mirrors off as well as the upper trim and started filling holes. I'm tempted to put the upper trim back on and add the white stripe, I've always loved that look with the copper paint. The other part of me says I should embrace the base truck look it has going, leave the top trim off and just repaint as it was.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Gawdly; 10-05-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Gawdly is offline   Reply With Quote