The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Strange

The Painless harness

Well I had my new toy(72 swb) delivered to my shop yesterday, and after getting it under the scope I discovered the whole wiring harness is a GIGANTIC disaster. It has all new gauges but none of them are hooked up and there are no wires for them anywhere. Whats left of the harness is spliced all over the place and there are un explained bare wires aplentyThe crescent shaped steering column connector is hooked up but none of the signal lights work.

I really like the way the Painless harnesses look, how are they in terms of quality and ease of installation? Im using "ease of installation" loosely as I know this is not one of the easiest things to do. I have never done a full chassis harness before. There one of the 67-72 Painless harnesses on ebay for $390.00, is there another manufacturer that makes model specific harnesses for a good price?

I posted pictures of my project in the Welcome section if you'd like to see
Strange is offline   Reply With Quote