The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
sjarrett71

Smile Boy Am I lucky!!

I took my 72 GMC on a 3 hour road trip today to pick up a fridge that I found that was a really good deal. I made it all the way there and back and the truck ran great (longest trip so far). I was just saying to myself how great the truck ran when I pulled into O'Reilly's to get oil and a filter for my sister's car and my truck died. It would not start no matter what I tried. A buddy that I met Saturday that has a 72 Chevy pulled in and said "it's your module". A mechanic friend was there and said "it's your module". I took the module out and it tested bad. I replaced it with a new one and the truck fired right up. I consider myself lucky to have broken down in the parts store parking lot in the town where I live because most of the trip was backroads and one horse towns without part stores and the tow bill would have killed me. The man upstairs was really looking out for me today!!

On another note, while I had the cap and rotor off the dizzy, I realized the springs were wore out and everything was pretty rusty in there so it looks like it's time for a Skip White dizzy!! O'Reilly wanted $100.00 for an HEI.

Last edited by sjarrett71; 10-11-2010 at 05:30 PM.
sjarrett71 is offline   Reply With Quote