The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
madmopar
This guy has got to be stopped

rare? save it or scrap it? 70 gmc 2500 v6 4spd posi

I picked up a parts truck for scrap value this weekend. It runs and drives, but it is really rough, and the original engine is gone, but its an odd ball truck. I got it from the son on the original owner. HE said his dad special ordered it with the v6, 4 spd, deluxe seat, and maximum traction options. The seat looks like a 71-72 piece, but the guy swore that the seat came in the truck. He said his dad ordered the truck late in 69, but didn't get it delivered until late 1970, because of paperwork isssues, he said. He gave me the owners manual it came with, which is a 1971 owners manual. He said the old v6 died sometime in the 80's, and was replaced with the 250 thats in it now. Well, after I got it home I started searching for similar trucks, but found out 1969 was the last year for v6's... So I decoded the VIN. It does decode as a 69 in the VIN, but the title says 1970 GMC, but the VIN matches the door tag, and the grease pencil letters under the hood. As I said, the truck is short on options, but it has the 4spd and "maximum traction" option. The guy was real proud of the posi.

My original intentions were to scrap it, but use a couple parts off of it (passenger door, door panels, ash tray, rearview mirror, steering column, etc....) maybe restore the cab and use it on mine because of the clear title (I have a salvage title)... but I'm having second thoughts...

Is this a rare truck that should be brought back, or scrapped? any thoughts?

1970 4x4 LWB project: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=415134
madmopar is offline   Reply With Quote