The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
acl

What the heck is going on.

I know you have heard this before. In a attempt to put p/s on my 68 I have used 3 different boxes and 6 different pumps, 3 from o'reillys and 3 from napa. I still have a whine from the pump. in attempts tp bleed the system we filled the pump, hand turned it counterclockwise, jack it up and went lock to lock many many times slowly, started the engine and lock to lock. let it rest 15 minutes to get the bubbles out. I have done all these things each time. The hoses are hooked in the right place (I think they are diff size fittings, but stranger thing have happened) I can not get this figured out. All 3 boxes have been used and thought to be good. I can't afford a new one right now. All the responses on an earlier thread say it should bolt in and go no probs. I am not the smartest guy, but I have a friend helping that has done 2 swaps and no issues and he is stumped. If anyone has a box they just took off and it positively working I'm interested. Any thoughts. I'm passed the pi$$ed stage now. If I knew a brand new box would fix it I would buy one but do not want to if it is not the prob. HELP Gary
acl is offline   Reply With Quote