The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
my1st69

Rear Taillight Harness?

Ok I have been busy sanding wlding grinding all mouldings off all holes welded reagy for grinding and finishing nady work, Yes I am happy. What I need to know is when removing the rear (HOMEMADE) bumper I unpluged the rear harness and am wondering wear I can get a new one(NOS PREF) because the prev owner REally did a number on it. Also there IS 2 wires one on each side coming from the front is the factory. I would guess They all would be in the loom but on the wires and there RUN there were like sm. metal body straps to hold them kinda looked factory kinda not.

what are everones opinions on after market tie downs?
how Do i remove the Gas tank
how many bolts to remove the bad? Would it be worth it to do so?
Would they break at this age (1969) would I or should I buy new bolts.
Would It be good to buy a new body bushing kit will it really make enough of a differnce any would it require removing the cab, I am a broke stay at home DAD= BROKE

I ask about removing the bed because when I go to paint I would like to paint the entire cab.

Also my gas gauge it wierdly off when full it is past full and when empty it is it is almost at empty

anyone have any clever ways to remove the back glass. without breaking or cutting moulding?

My headlights only work when the brights" button is stepped on it this normal a quick fix

and finally the removal of the core support how long would it take and what are your thouights on removal for painting purposes?

Thank you everyone for your support