The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
Indyuke

Yikes!

Gotta be careful when asking probing questions when on the phone with LMCtruck. The rep got upset at me when I asked her about who makes the parts they sell and whether they have many good reviews about them. She couldn't answer either question, so I pressed her as to where I could find the customer reviews on LMCtruck products. She didn't likey!

So, I'm interested in rebuilding the front end of my 70 c10, and I like the fact that LMCtruck includes a seemingly full set of components for the front, including springs and sway bar bushings AND some rear suspension pieces for what looks like a reasonable price. I also looked at Early classic, and while their quality is impeccable, their kit includes less components and it costs more.

My real question is: while I know the quality of LMCtruck's stuff is on the lower end, does it at least meet OEM quality parts or does it fall way short? Where do they get their stuff? Does anyone have any experience with their suspension components? Please chime in.
Convince me that:
1) LMCtruck's quality is so horrible I would be money ahead to buy a complete front and back kit from ECE or someone else at double the cost.
2) or LMCtruck's quality is actually fairly good, and if I'm not going to be using the truck for drifting or cross-country racing, their stuff will do just fine.
3) or, though it's more time consuming, it would be better cost AND quality wise, to go down the the auto parts store and put together a kit myself.

There. Somewhat wordy, but now you've got something to get your opinion started.
Indyuke is offline   Reply With Quote