The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
pritch

I finally have the motor that will go in my Panel

After a long search, I have found the motor that I want. A 292 that I found in a 69 K-20 in a junk yard here in Ogden, Utah. And it was a royal PITA getting out, lemme tell ya. I have been stopping by for an hour or two after work for the last few days with the plan being to yank it out today. Only problem was, this truck was buried fairly deep in the guy's yard. He had to move 3 or 4 small trailers, a dead motorhome, a snowplow truck (that he was planning on getting out for winter anyways), shift a couple things around and hook on to the back of the donor truck with a forklift and drag it out to the street. No problem. That all went pretty good, but when it came time to actually pullout the motor, the threatening skys opened up and it poured rain for about 15 minutes. We all couldn't have been any wetter if we would have jumped into the lake.

Here it is before we dragged it out to the street:

Funny thing about this truck, it had the wrong badges on the fenders. The VIN and Spid all agreed that it was a K, it was a FWD, looked to be all original but the fender badges said C-20. Oh well, what I really wanted was the 292 badges under them.

Had to loosen up the fenders to get them. That was almost harded than getting the motor out. And then, on the back of these badges, there is something that surprised me-there is a list of several other part numbers for other badges.

Can't really see them, but-

It says:
3950926 (292)
3950928 (350)
3950930 (8-396)
3980000 (8-400)

I can't figure out why GM woulda put all those other numbers on them, but I guess it's a handy reference to search for badges by part number.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote