The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #1
tex_waco_usmc
Project Heaven in my 67!!!

Someone please help...May have messed up bad!!!

So, I am going to tell you a story...It might be tragic but I am hoping not.

In 2003 I had a great man, Ed, who used to own MotherTruckers, build me a solid small window cab for my 67 as the one on Heaven was completely and utterly unrepairable from the amount of rust she had...Some of you I am sure knew Ed and had dealings with him before we lost him a few years ago...I drove to Bradenton, FL and picked it up...I gave Ed the cab off of my truck along with an old beatup fleetside bed that I had(also, eaten alive with rust) as part of the deal along with a great sum of money. But, this cab is perfect and has a few extras that I wanted as well as it came painted inside and out.

OK, so I just realized that this cab has no VIN plates on it and mine went with the old cab, cause I was STUPID and didnt think about taking them off of it. By now I am sure that, that cab is long gone to a crusher and is probably reliving its new life as a Honda or something.

Here comes the tricky part...As part of my restomod I have pretty much replaced everything except the frame from that original truck...The frame still has the VIN stamped in it. Who can I call or Where would I go in TX to get new VIN plates made for my truck? Is it even possible? Someone please tell me that I am not completely screwed on this...
tex_waco_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote