The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
bernd

First post & 1969 GMC

Howdy all,

I just bought a 1969 3/4 ton GMC 4x4 Fleetside for plowing. I figured if I need to get a plow truck, I might as well get something fun that's worth restoring. For the VIN hunters out there, its a KE20D-1Axxxxx; model # KE2590D and came with the following options: black vinyl trim, locking hubs, brake booster, 4spd, 16x6 8 stud wheels, dual horns, ammeter & oil gauges, heavy duty front and rear springs, PS, 350 engine, WB 127". There is also a number on the glove box sticker with an SE in front of it (serial number?). The rear axle is a 10 bolt C30255 60, so I'm assuming its a Dana 60 rear, but I don't know what the gear ratio is. The engine is not original and the PO traced the number to an '85 Camaro.

Something I thought was neat is that the original manual came with the truck and still had the original seller and owner listed. It was first owned by a land developer in northern NJ, near NYC.

I have a few questions. Someone put steel decking in the bed, but there is plywood underneath that. Could the bed have originally had a wood floor or was that not an option? I'm guessing if it was an option, it would have been listed on the glove box sticker? I think I would plan on doing one at some point anyway because I think they look really nice.

Also, there doesn't appear to be 4H, just 2H neutral and 4L. Maybe its 4H, neutral, and 4L as I haven't tried unlocking the hubs to see if that will allow the lever to move up more (don't know what's wrong and if that's related or not).

Lastly, where is a good source for miscellaneous parts? For instance, the glove box latch is broken, and I'd like to replace it so it will at least close and stop the original sticker from fading. When I start patching, I found ccg truck online.. don't know if they're any good, etc?

This seems like a good board. Thanks for being here. I'm just looking for as much info as I can about the truck. I'm not sure when I'll get to actually making it a project vehicle.

Bernd
Attached Images

bernd is offline   Reply With Quote