The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
badchev69

almost lost her yesterday...

I never would have guessed it would ever happen to me but as i came home for lunch yesterday i found broken glass next to my 69' shortie in my driveway. Upon closer inspection i found someone had tried to break the door lock and failed, but suceeded at destroying my door. They moved on to break the wing window and got er open. Once inside they tore the wireing off the back of the ignition and tried to hot wire it. Thanks to the POS optima battery in it (which was dead for the 100th time) they got nowhere and left. People really piss me off....

It spends almost its whole life in a garage and i moved it to the driveway last weekend for a little extra space in the garage because i was painting the new baby's room and had to move some furniture out there. Someone obviously saw it on my quiet street and decided they needed it more than me.

Its in there best interest it never fired because the whole neighborhood would have heard it. It has 3.5" exhaust and 10 series flows with no tailpipes. Measured at 102 db at idle and 30 feet away and 120 db at 2500 rpm... I think it happened late that last night and i didn't notice it leaving for work at 5am... They left all my cd's, stereo and tools in it. They obviously just wanted the truck.

Please be careful guys! I almost lost mine and hope it never happens again. I feel so violated!!! quiet town too!! needless to say its back in the garage to stay.... unfortunantly my 72 k5 is a sitting duck out there. Time to invest in cameras and another shop....
1968 camaro yellow/white stripes (wife's car)

2011 GMC reg cab short bed 2wd daily driver 5/7 drop on 22's

1972 K5 Blazer 13"/11"lift,38"M/T MTZ's, 3" cust exst.
350/350 (sold it )
badchev69 is offline   Reply With Quote