The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
silverado383

Painting my 69' GMC this weekend -Rustolium style

Well I have committed to painting my truck this weekend using rustolium. I have been reading a bunch of posts on this site about it, read the Hot Rod magazine article, been watching YouTube videos on it and I have decided to give it a shot. I purchases this truck about 2 months ago. The truck has a brand new GM crate motor (350), a newer 4 speed trans, axles, transfer case, 6” pro comp lift and 35” tires. The truck is premiered and stripped and pretty much ready to go, as of now I’m leaning towards a red or orange color. the truck is pretty straight and there is little to no rust which should save time. i want to get the body sealed up before winter hits us hard.
(sorry the pictures arent that great i took them with my phone, i will use a digital cammera this weekend)

Any advice you guys can give before I dive into it tonight would be great, I will keep you posted on the progress and I will post pictures of the before and after……………. Wish me luck, It will be a busy weekend
Attached Images

silverado383 is offline   Reply With Quote