The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
71blazerdetroit

New from detroit and my 2nd marriage.

I was asked to post some details so i figured a build thread to catch up would be in order.
Bought the truck april of 09'. (1st pic)

Immediately my wife committed us to go on a camping trip 2 months later. (so every waking hour was dedicated to making sure it would make the 4 hour journey.)

things for the trip : cage (with kids i couldn't leave with out it), 4" lift, new tires, misc electrical and inspection.

2nd pic was on the way out of the drive to silverlake in June of last year with 35's and lift completed.

After the 4 hour drive with a 465 and t-221 in it, OD trans was in order. So in with the 700r4 and clocked 241.

After that, is was some body work and 1 ton axles(corp 14/ dana 60 combo, 5.13 gears and grizzly locker) since I needed 8 lug rims and new tires I decided to go big or go home. H1 recentered beadlocks with rings and 38" sx swampers.

repainted the cage to match the rims, knowing I was going to raptor line the hardtop to match the gray color. Picked up a new hatch door from a member here from cali.

As you can see I'm starting the transition of blue body panels to raptor lining the whole body black. The tub restoration will be the last to be done, since were to busy enjoying it.
Attached Images

71blazerdetroit is offline   Reply With Quote