The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
West_the_GM_Guy

Some real newbie questions about buying...

OK, to the quick. I'm in the market to buy a 1967-1972 Chevy shortbed. I'm leaning towards 1968 or 1972 Chevy's, and especially the '72 GMC. Can't explain it, just something about those years I love. Anyway, I haven't owned a Chevy truck before, but wanted some advice about what to buy exactly. And then, what should I look out for, both the positives and negatives? Is there a year and style that is considered more worthy of restoring? Are 3/4 ton trucks less popular than 1/2 and full ton trucks? And then, since I live in Southern California, is there a resource to finding a decent truck other than Craigslist or eBay that don't have people asking show car prices? I know, alot of questions, but I'm new here (my first post actually) and excited about finding that sweet Chevy.

I should also note that my father (75 years old) is a retired GM master mechanic. This truck is another way to spend time together in the next few years. FYI, all he said was...pick out something you like and bring her home. Good advice, but I wanted some additional thoughts.

Anyway, thank you so much in advance.
West_the_GM_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote