The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
camjck89

just want to get the thing running

Ok first and foremost , I'm not a huge fan of electrical work, however I'm going to try. My truck has sat for the last 6 months cause I've been slacking, and also cause it's been too blasted hot around here to do anything,no excuse I know. Nonetheless,after loosing the key I had another one cut, so I'm feeling a little motivated, and so to tackle getting the truck started. Whats keeping it from purring like a minx? Well nothing really, I had the quadrajet re-built, replaced motor mounts, new (used) set of tires, oh wait the HEI! So heres how it went down, other than adjusting the timing by ear on my old points setup I can't diagnose what I'm doing wrong, a friend of mine came over to help take the old out and put the new in. He is a lot smaller than my self and so he climbed up and disconnected my points setup, took very close watch on how the old came out and put the new one in (fyi it's a skip white hei) put the new one in and we called it a day, I was left to wire it (350) and so I checked on here on how to wire it, saw that the wires could be snipped from the starter and all that was needed was the 12v ign source. wired the dizzy to the 12v ign spade connector in the cab's fuse box. turned it over. and nothing. I don't know hardly jack *** about electrical wiring so if anyone has the heart to help me please give a good explanation of what you are talking about. Thank you guys so much,

This is on my list of things to get done in the next week, its good to have deadlines on projects
Thanks Cam

89 toyota 3" drop 22r 4spd 2wd
camjck89 is offline   Reply With Quote