The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
68Stepbed

Airplane!

Well, I finally got a chance to take some more pics with my new 17" wheel combo. The only thing I love as much, if not more, than old Chevy trucks is old piston driven warbirds. The only problem is most of them are WWII vintage, which is a couple decades before our trucks were made. Our trucks were made in the height of the Vietnam War, which mostly used jet propelled aircraft. There were a few exceptions, though. I talked to our local warbird museum (www.tnairmuseum.com) and they recently purchased a Vietnam War veteran A1H Skyraider. The Skyraider was used mostly as ground troop support, taking out ground targets with rockets, guns, and dropping napalm. It's actually the predecessor to the A10 Warthog used today. The Skyraider was never intended to dogfight, but they did rack up a few lucky(or desperate) Mig kills. They said I could take some photos with the planes as backgrounds.

The day I went, they didn't have the Skyraider out, but they did have this T-28 training plane. The T-28's also saw some action during the Vietnam War. They were used mostly as Recon, but some were used for ground support missions.

I thought this was just a cool shot.

They did open the hangar and let me pull in to take some shots with the Skyraider.

At first, I didn't like this shot at all, until I really looked at it, then I thought it was really kinda neat.

And finally, one of just the truck.

I hope you guys enjoy the pics and the history lesson.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote