The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
83burban

Tach Dash Questions

Hey all,

I am purchasing a tach dash from a fellow board member here. B454rat (great guy to deal with if your and if your considering buying one from him - or anything else for that matter - I recommend it) but I have a couple questions.

Little info: This will be going into an 83 suburban, and the two clusters both have volt gauges and electric oil pressure gauges. I know that I will likely need to repin my connector, but here is the question:

Will a tach dash from a diesel truck work in a gas application? The dash I am hoping to get has the little fuel gauge at the bottom - leaving the bottom left space open for a vacuum gauge or similar addition that I will use. I just want to make sure the I don't plug a diesel tach into place and have it not work or wore fry.

Also, I plan on swapping my current speedometer into the new cluster - so the miles are accurate and a I can keep my cruise control - Since the new cluster likely isn't set up for cruise - is it as simple as cutting out the little box on the back of the housing to mount the cruise piece or is there other work necessary?

Thanks for the help,

Kurt
83burban is offline   Reply With Quote