The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
burkeens

opinions on not repainting the bed

I recently bought from my uncle the 68 C-10 LWB 307 3ott that he bought new in 67. I will post pictures soon in the survivors thread, but it's pretty much all original. It has the original light blue/white two-tone paint scheme. My uncle is a mechanic and has always taken great care of his equipment, including this truck.

Even thought it has been garaged all its life and taken great care of, the original paint is pretty thin and has patina in places. I am planning on having it repainted, but have to decide how far to go with that -- like do I get the interior and engine compartment repainted, too.

My biggest question is the bed. The bed has never been lined and the truck has been used as a truck, so the bed floor shows the kind of use you would expect. I am thinking about getting the rest of the truck repainted, but leaving the bed as is. Would that look wierd? Does anybody have any photos of a truck done that way?

I don't really want to spray-line the bed. I also don't want a bed-liner because I am afraid of corrosion underneath. And I want to still use it as a truck, so I don't want to paint it just to get it scratched up again.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
burkeens is offline   Reply With Quote