The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2003, 08:43 PM   #1
2tankin79

Angry cant decide

Well, I've been thinking, and I'm not sure if i want to sell the truck or not, and figure, some of you guys might be able to help me out here... I've had this truck about 7 months now, 1979 chevy silverado, paid $4,000 for it, and i fell in love with it the minute i saw it a few years back. But, now, it's currently needing attention to stuff i just cant fix because money, i'm 15 with no job, and its just rusting away, sittin in a nice orange, and brown primer, there isnt a lot of rust, but once the rust is fixed, it'll still need paint, and i know i wont ever be able to afford to get it painted before it just flat out starts rusting. The other day i fixed a few rust spots on the top of the bed side, came back out the next day, and another spot of rust had bubbled up. It's like i fix one spot, and another just happends to pop up... anyway, i'm 15, and have owned about 5 cars already, and seems to be i get one, and just find something else i want even more. I know i will never, well not for a long time have enough money to actually make this truck like i really want it. I'm kinda thinkin sell it, keep the money and just buy a car, and sell it for some what of a profit, which is how i got this truck anyway is i had sold my other car, etc etc.. i'd probably do this until i found something i absolutely had to have.
I still dont know, but sorry for the long post, this is just really gettin to me.. the truck has a bunch of little things wrong with it, and well, no job, and definatly am not gonna work fast food, i just cant fix it.
tell me what you think its worth... its got a 327, runs great, drives nice, overall decent body except some rust, only one ding that i can find. speedo does not work, cluster lights really dont light up, sloppy steering column, etc..
www.picturetrail.com/79silverado

-Jeff
2tankin79 is offline   Reply With Quote