The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
etg

Couple of Questions for ya.

Hello all, I'm working on a 69 C20 lwb fleet. It's got a rebuilt 350sbc with a 700r4, eddy carb, and a freshly fixed radiator. Today I am reinstalling the radiator, and trying to do some final maintenance before I get this thing on the road. I have a few questions if you don't mind helping me out, answering any of it is helpful.

1. Here is the radiator I just had soldered and flushed. There a little bit of debris rattling around inside, is this ok or will it potentially cause damage to the fins on the radiator? I fished some out, but not all. Secondly I noticed the transmission was hooked up to the radiator, is this a replacement for a transmission cooler, or am I supposed to add one as well? Are heating problems common for a 700r4?

2. I've heard some troubling things about the TV cable on my 700r4 being a common reason to burn it. This is what it looks like now, you can see my finger pointing to the brass adjust tab and the wire running to the throttle linkage. Any tips on what to look for or measure to make sure it's ok? I ran the truck for a little bit before I stopped to do some maintenance and it seemed fine, then I adjusted the cable by pushing the tab and pushing the plastic line shroud/grommet back into the bracket until the clicking stopped, which I read online but can't find the source again. Lastly on the 700r4, what is this lockup I hear about, how can I tell if I have it, and is it ok to run without out?

3. There is a blue wire running from somewhere under the dash (it's a mess down there) out to behind the distributer, it's marked 14gw Oil. What the heck does this connect to?

4. Lastly, there are 3 ports on the front of my my eddy performer 600cfm carb. One I know is the vacuum advance to the distributer, the one on the left that is hooked up. What are the other 2?

feel free to ask questions or leave comments. I'll get back to this thread after I'm done out there and my hands are clean enough to use my computer again

Last edited by etg; 12-05-2010 at 02:31 PM.
etg is offline   Reply With Quote