The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
duwem

1950 Chevy Stock to Hot Rod Project

Here is the 1950 Chevy as I picked it up:

Engine is has been replaced in the past and is a 56-62 235 thats 12 volt and pressure lube. Engine runs good, but carb need to be rebuilt since the accelerator pump is weak. Radiator was also replaced with a pressurized one.

Its a 4 speed on the floor.

Truck came with some VW bucket seats which I have already replaced with a Chevy Astro Van Seat (will post more pictures/details below)

When I got it it sat really low (as pictured) in the rear, to the point the rear tires would rub on the fender lip. The rear springs were missing a number of leaves, so I have since replaced those and got it up higher. Still need to go through and replace the shackles and bushings. Last picture shows the new rear ride height. Front is the same situation, missing leaves, so I'm looking for the missing ones, or a complete set since it bottoms out over bumps.

Wheels are not my style, but they are there so they will stay for now.

The body is in pretty good shape (drove 500 miles to pick it up). Some repairs needed on the rear fenders. The drives door has been overopened a few times and there is a crease in that cab piece where the lip hit. I will replace that part and the door hinges. Also have picked up a set of 1 piece window glass doors to replace the ones that are on there that have the vent windows. Going to rebuild the latches and window regulators before putting them on the truck.

I will get into the plans of the truck more in the future, but I want to clean up the body, do a whole drivetrain swap (thinking a 4.2L Trail Blazer engine and 4l60E trans) Will do some independent suspension and maybe a 4 link in the rear.

Want the truck to do 75 comfortably and be a hit at car shows.
Attached Images

duwem is offline   Reply With Quote