The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
TwoFiftyShifter

Need seat help, too many options!

Didn't want to make a new thread, becuase a good amount of topics came up on the search, but after reading them I still don't know which direction to go. Anyways this is my first hotrod build, I hate the feel of bench seats and will not be using the stock one in my 64, so I want a set of buckets. I'm kinda picky in the fact that I don't cloth, and I want a lowback style if possible.

I figure I can get any seats becuase they will all require modification to bolt in and thats fine. I'm kinda large at 6'1 and will be keeping the gas tank in the cab, which should make it tougher. I've been eyeing some older buckets from a 67 firebird, have a line on a pair in decent shape for $200 but the driver side needs a cover. Thinking about it now, they may be way to small and look weird becuase of it. A guy I know is trying to sell a pair of leather buckets from a 2003 Ford Explorer and said hed give em to me for $200 as well and am thinking they may be a better overall size. Also, I have a 1979 K10 parts truck that has factory buckets and console that I could use, but I'd like to spend $400 maximum, and those seats will need covers and possibly new foam on the drivers side, and I'm thinking that may cost alot to get done.

The other option I'm contemplating is going aftermarket, and am looking at these scat lowbacks that I belive markeb01 and lakeroadster used, they would run me about 450 shipped which would be the most expensive part of my build so far, including the purchase price of the truck

http://www.jegs.com/i/Scat/942/80-14...0002/-1?CT=999

Any opinions on what I should do?